Khaya Mthethwa (25) from Durban was announced as the winner of Idols SA Season 8. This came as no surprise as he has a huge following and the entire national was behind him. “Thank you to every single South African out there who supported me in this journey…” – Khaya
He walked away with a prize package worth almost a million Rand, consisting of:
– a recording contract with Universal Music South Africa
– R250 000 from Samsung, plus R50 000 worth of Samsung products including a LED TV, a printer, a laptop and a camera.
– R48 000 airtime and 24 GIGS of data from Vodacom.
– R250 000 cash from KFC.
– a Ford Fiesta 1.6 Titanium
– a R30 000 fashion voucher from Truworths
– R50 000 voucher for musical equipment from Yamaha
– a Yamaha Waverunner VX700S jet-skit and trailer
– a precision-crafted Shure UHF-R Premium wireless microphone system and a PSM®900 personal monitor system.
Khaya will start working on his album with Universal Music within the next couple of weeks and his first single, “Move”, which he debuted in the Top 2 Spectacular last week, is already getting airplay.